If you're looking for something to do in Suffield this weekend, you have plenty of options.
Plays, garden sales, farmers' markets, charitable fundraisers, a birthday celebration and more are all happening close to home on Saturday and Sunday. Read the summaries below and follow the linked text to the full event listing, more details and contact information.
Want to post an upcoming event on Suffield Patch? Click here.
Friday, May 11
- Ginger's Birthday Party, 4 p.m., Hastings Farm. Hastings Farm is celebrating the birthday of one of the farm's favorite cows, Ginger. Get a free scoop of ice cream and meet the animals of Hastings Farm in honor of Ginger's first decade.
Saturday, May 12
- . The Pan Mass Challenge Kids Ride uses bike rides to raise money for the Jimmy Fund. “This will be a fun day for families,” said event organizer Chris Nikolis. “[The event includes] the biking, live music, Shriners’ clowns, a playscape, lunch and refreshments. I hope everyone comes out, has a great day and helps us raise as much as we can for the fight against cancer."
- Hilltop Farm Farmers' Market, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., 1608 Mapleton Avenue. This farmers' market will feature a variety of local and area offerings including produce, beef, baked good, seedlings, dairy products and more. The farmers' market occurs every Saturday at 10 a.m. through June 2.
- Suffield Garden Club May Market, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 55 South Main Street. Held the day before Mothers Day, this annual community event is one of Suffield Garden Club's major fundraisers. Proceeds from May Market go towards the many community and beautification projects throughout Suffield. Come see the large selection of reasonably priced gardening items, food, handicrafts and home decor from local vendors. Support your local community, bring a friend and enjoy all that May Market has to offer.
- Tag sale at the Second Chance Shop, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 110 Mountain Road. Suffield's Second Chance Shop is offering deep discounts on items ranging from books, small electronics, records to a teak dining set and a toddler bed with a new mattress. As always, proceeds benefit The Village for Families and Children, which serves all of Hartford County.
- Moving and tag sale, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. 18 Settlement Circle. This tag sale runs all day and features a TV, a Nikon N65 camera with accessories, a set of children's snowboard equipment, CDs and more.
- . The Suffield Players' latest production, a drama by Oscar Wilde, runs through the weekend. This is the Players' last major production of the season. Tickets begin at $17.
- Fourth Annual Suffield Children's Consignment Sale, Friday at 9 a.m., Saturday at 8 a.m., West Suffield Congregational Chruch. As the event posting says, "Because paying full price for kids' stuff is crazy!"